My health insurer claims they have faxed the confirmation letter authorizing treatment to the hospital and that I am authorized in their insurance database.
The hospital claims otherwise.
The hospital is not an authorized service provider in my provider network. (Do these words ring a bell?)
This is after multiple calls to both sides from me.
Meanwhile, I have no way of checking anything and the hospital won't schedule the surgery.
My surgeon only operates on Thursday and Fridays, and I still need to schedule the pre-op blood tests and MRIs (which the hospital also won't schedule). The doctor wants me to have the MRI this week: for hormone-related reasons, this week is optimal, and other weeks are not so good.
Well, at least I don't have to "sneak" around at work -- since I can't really hide 5 weeks of radiation appts, I told everyone (left) in my group.
At this rate the insurance is going to cause me more stress than the treatment!
ARGH.
Resisting the urge to cry. Leaving for weekly ceramics class now instead.
No comments:
Post a Comment